Project Runway that escaped me

Armhole & YokeI finally finished my dress. This has been what seemed like an endless journey of ups and downs and much blood, sweat and tears. Sewing the bodice and the yoke was an experience in itself, all was going well and the end was in sight when to my horror the material didn’t suit the full skirt and subsequently made my lower half seem rather large. So back to the drawing board I went, zip was out, the bottom half was unpicked and turned into something more flattering then it had to be put back together again, matching seams, pleats and darts so it all looks just right. The zip finally went back in, the yoke was sewn again, hem was done and this is the finished article.

Advertisements

The way forward

After making my floral dress last week, I realised after much soul searching that I resembled one of those dolls with the wide woollen skirt that hides a toilet roll; a look that really isn’t for me.  So a weekend of unpicking ensued with a plan to redesign the skirt this week .  Keeping fingers crossed that this works and its not the material that doesn’t suit me rather than the dress 🙂

A brief change of plan

I will be taking a break from my shift dress for a short time to concentrate on some serious cutting out.  I have got various new projects in mind including a black lined skirt for work (made from material left over from my dress), a nice linen summer dress.  Then perhaps moving on to a tailored suit jacket, plenty to consider and think about…..