This top is made from the same pattern as the fully lined block shift dress, a slightly shorter zip is used and the pattern has a guide where the top should finish. The material has a embroidered detail on it which I thought was quite nice and a little less plain, it is also quite thin so the lining worked very well with it.
I have to say I found the top extremely strange to put together as the lining is attached to the material all the way round. I had to turn it inside out from the side and sew the side lining seams by hand later, (hand sewing isn’t really my thing), the further I take my creativity I realise that patterns aren’t always right or practical. On the plus side the concealed zip went in first time, oh happy days, less unpicking and more sewing this time 🙂 Time to move on once again….