A little bit of extra detail

I am really getting through my old patterns now, it has saved me a fortune and while I am currently in the “learning” phase again it has been good to refer to my old favourites. Some I remember making years ago and some I don’t (probably didn’t emerge out of the wardrobe when they were finished).

Hem Detail

This design is part of a pattern for a dress which is altered, the same as the previous top I made. Again, I used a concealed zip in the back. As always bias tape was used on all the facings and I put a little added detail on the bottom to make it more interesting.

Front ViewThe material is very thin, so making the top was more of a challenge than I first thought, a few obstacles to overcome as usual, one of which was my first casualty in a long time, my sewing machine needle broke in the middle of my creative flow, I suspect it had a tussle with a pin that was hiding in the garment 🙂

Plain and simple

image

I made this dress today, it is an old favourite of mine, I have made it a few times in the past.  I prefer not to use facings on the armholes and neck edge as I find them too bulky, so I used bias tape instead. It only has a couple of darts in the front and a centre back zip.