Hello there! Yes, you’re not imagining things, ’tis me writing a blog post. I am ashamed to say it’s the first since May! How did, that happen?! My summer consisted of many dress creations, some of which I have blogged about previously, nevertheless, it is no excuse for not sharing.
So, this blog post will be a little bit different from the norm, it will be a collection of the various makes I have completed in the last few months.
First up Newlook 6013 – this little number I originally made for my mum in-law last April. This time I made it for my daughter. The fabric was from Abakhan Fabrics’ secret sale in March, I can’t even put a price on it as I came out with the roll and lots lots more, for a ridiculous price.
The dress is really easy to make, raglan sleeves (my fave), front and back darts and neck facing, job done!
Next little ditty is, Simplicity 1699. I think I have made every garment on this pattern now. I love patterns with lots going on, they can be used time and time again. I bought this fabric at a craft fair in Manchester earlier this year, it’s got a lovely soft finish, with a slight stretch too. The pattern, as you can see, is split into skirt and bodice consisting of princess seams, raglan sleeves and a full skirt.
Number 3, Newlook 6095. This fabric came from Abakhan Fabrics’ Mostyn store. I already had the pattern, so had an idea of the type of fabric I wanted for my daughter. Again, it is knitted fabric (I had a thing about fitted dresses with plenty of stretch this summer!) Another easy dress to make, I was churning them out at a fast pace, no time for blogging. This one consisted of breast darts, neck and armhole facings and that is pretty much it – I could make it with my eyes shut.
Last but not least, Simplicity 1665. This little top is made up completely from linen I have acquired over the last three years – leftovers from various garments I’d made previously (I knew they would come in useful one day). The top, has three sections; the main body, middle strap and yoke. The sides are sewn, followed by the middle section, the yoke is then attached through the front and back. A concealed zip is inserted to complete the look and my final make of the summer is finished.
There you go, lots to look at. I have made one or two other garments in-between but as you can see, this season has been all about the dresses.
I have almost completed my current creation, I will make sure that my next blog post isn’t too far away…..