This is the second dress I have made from the Simplicity Project Runway pattern K2588. I decided to choose the scoop neck without sleeves, again I used bias tape rather than facings. I also chose the flared skirt rather than the fitted one and this time it worked 🙂
The front has four pleats in the skirt and comprises of separate sections on the top to create the shape. The back also has four pleats in the skirt and two darts in the top. I put in a concealed zip (finally after matching 3 separate seams down the back, it took me a few attempts!) I finished the neckline after the zip was put in so ensure a neater finish on the inside.
Great fabric! Love the fuller skirt!
Thank you 🙂 £3 from a local fabric shop, plus zip, thread, bias tape and pattern I already had – total £5 – I do love a bargin.
Lovely! You are so lucky to have fabric shops. My nearest is Malaga (city) and is soooo expensive. Am hoping to stock up in London next week in a local market which has an amazing stall.
Thanks 🙂 We have a a few shops here in Manchester, some are far more expensive than others. What I am making and what it is for will determine where I buy the material from.
Really pretty, love the different skirt, works really well:-)
Thanks 🙂 I am pleased that the materials worked for the fuller skirt this time, I thought the armholes are slightly too big so they gape at the front. All a matter of trial and error.