I made this dress today, it is an old favourite of mine, I have made it a few times in the past. I prefer not to use facings on the armholes and neck edge as I find them too bulky, so I used bias tape instead. It only has a couple of darts in the front and a centre back zip.
After starting to sew my new black and white dress this morning and mistakenly thinking it would be a doddle, I spent many hours sewing and unpicking and sewing some more. The bodice is finally complete with sleeves, the next task will be fixing the yoke to the body of the dress, a simple task you may think, but no, these things are not meant to be simple, following much scrutiny it looks like that will be another challenge…..
My two colour shift dress was finally finished last night following a slight tussle with the concealed zip. Pictures coming soon.
I’m really looking forward to my next item, something slightly different, a 50s style floral dress complete with matching belt and anything else I feel like adding to it.
Watch this space